Things are getting better; the babies are not so clingy with Mommy not around, and Nathan plays well by himself for short periods. I actually have some time to do a little housework, which I assume is part of the whole Stay-At-Home thing. Feeding both at once seems to do the trick now. Another trick is to warm up the bottle; they pass right out.
I know, I know, that's not a trick, that's a necessary part of feeding. Everybody warms the bottle.
Actually, with Nathan (now 2 years old), we never warmed his bottle; he always got it right out of the fridge. And he turned out ok. So there's a time-saving tip for all you stressed out parents: don't warm up the bottle unless you need the babies to pass out. I'm no psychologist, but I think your children will still love you and not suffer major mental problems as a result.
With twins, such abandonment of conventional wisdom is not just convenient, but necessary. There are a surprising number of books on raising twins, (considering the limited market), and they all offer completely impractical advice. Always wash your hands after handling one twin before picking up the other. Huh? Don't let one have a toy that has been slobbered on by the other. Seriously? And I suppose when both are crying and clinging to your pant-leg, you should politely ask them to wait while you warm up a bottle.
Things I learned:
1. Do what works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment